Deco to external Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco to external Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco to external Wifi
Deco to external Wifi
2018-08-25 05:08:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ok, so we have 3qty Deco 5 on a yacht and it works well. We have a cellular 4g modem that is wired via ethernet. I want to figure out a way to pickup the marina's Wifi so that anyone on the boat network can get online. So I guess like an access point. The boat is in bahamas and I can;t get new parts for this trip. Can the Deco itsself act as an accesspoint? I do have an Apple Airplay on board that maybe could be configured?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco to external Wifi
2018-08-30 04:06:44
Here is how I think your setup should be:

1. 4g Modem <---Wired Ethernet---> Deco (Router Mode) <~~~WiFi~~~> Deco (AP Mode) <~~~WiFi~~~> Deco (AP Mode)
2. Marina WiFi <~~~WiFi~~~> Range Extender ( https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5508_RE305.html)

The Deco can be setup as an access point but I think at least one has to be wired via Ethernet, but I'm not 100% sure. If you are close enough to the Marina to extend a WiFi signal couldn't all your guests just connect to the marina WiFi directly?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 1

Related Articles