I Lost My Wireless Connection After Changing Router PINs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-26 10:53:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer C7 AC1750 Version 2 router, three desktop computers, and one laptop. The laptop is running Windows 7 and uses a wireless internet connection. The desktops are running Windows 10 and connect via LAN. Since 2016 all computers and the laptop could connect to the internet without problems. Today after I changed several of the router's passwords, the laptop no longer connects. When I use the desktop to check the wireless connection, I get a message that says "You have no preferred wireless networks. Not fixed."

Here's what I changed:

In Wireless 2.4GHz...

1. Under Wireless Settings, I disabled Enable SSID Broadcast.

2. Under WPS, I generated a new PIN to replace the one stamped on the bottom of the router.

3. Under Wireless Security, I changed the PSK Password to replace the one stamped on the bottom of the router.

In Wireless 5.0...

I repeated these three items.

Then I rebooted the router.

In Security...

Under Basic Security I disabled all three VPN Passthroughs.

In System Tools...

I performed a firmware upgrade. The router rebooted and displayed "Software Upgraded Successfully!"

Finally, I changed the router user name and password. Other than that I left everything else to their defaults.

I have powered the router up several times by removing the power cord but still get no wireless connection. I am at a loss as to what to do. Can you help me?
Options
4 Reply
Re:I Lost My Wireless Connection After Changing Router PINs
2018-08-27 00:27:31
Next day continuation...

I found that disabling SSID Broadcast prevents the router from broadcasting itself and the laptop therefore cannot connect. However, I don't know why if I change the PSK Password the laptop cannot connect.
Options
2018-08-28 11:02:29
Make sure you enable SSID Broadcast in Router setting.
As I seen, you change the WiFi password, and keep the same WiFi SSID name. For most wireless clients, they will record the WiFi SSID and password which you set up before, I suppose it would be the reason why your laptop fail to connect. You may try to delete the old WiFi profile in Laptop and connect, input new password again.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-281.html
Options
2018-08-29 22:27:00
@nforcedragon Thank you for your help. I went to the link that you posted and found it interesting. I'll try it in the next few days. Thanks again for helping me.
Options
2018-08-31 03:55:39
@nforcedragon

RESOLVED!

I read the information in the link that you posted and with it, was able to remove and then add a new connection to my laptop. Many, many thanks to you for posting that link!!!!
Options