TL-PA9020P Slow Performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-30 21:10:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the TL-PA9020P I believe they are v1 with the latest firmware.

I just upgraded my internet speeds from 100Mbs to 400Mbs.

The TP Link utility is showing that I have between 790 to 850Mbs connection between the two adapters. However and speed test will only give me 160Mbs download max.

I believe that I should be able to get closer to 400Mbs download with these adapters. My wi-fi is giving me over 400Mbs. Is this just due to a limitation of the powerline adapters?
Options
8 Reply
Re:TL-PA9020P Slow Performance
2018-09-08 12:43:39
i have the exact same problerm with the

TP-Link TL-WPA9610KIT ...

Options
2018-10-01 23:52:22
I have a similar problem. The speed between two TL-PA9020P units in the same room (as reported by the TP-Link utility) is 1100 Mbps. In the corridor outside the room, it drops to 1000. 5 metres down the corridor, it drops to 800. Another 3 metres along, on another fuse circuit, it drops to 400. Finally, 2 more metres away at the router, it drops to 300. At that point, I'm losing internet speed. My house was re-wired 10 years ago. The units are plugged directly into wall sockets, with nothing plugged into them. There are no obvious sources of interference (motors, etc.). Any thoughts, please ?
Options
2019-06-29 16:32:19 - last edited 2019-06-29 16:56:23

Now i am having the same issues as you guys I just update my internet speeds from 200Mbps to 1000Mbps and previously the homeplug was giving me near max throughput but now that I route to Linksys velop it is giving me 30mbps speed... I am currently trying to determine if linksys velop is the culprit and also request techical support from the new isp.

Edit: Ok I found the culprit which is the linksys mesh that auto set the bandwidth limit, however I am still unable to get the speed and setup configuration that I previously used as the new isp does not allow my tplink powerline adaptor to connect to the fiber modem directly... which i intend to use it to directly route the traffic to my asus ac88u router without powering on the linksys velop if i am using it in my bedroom...

Options
2019-07-23 01:11:20 - last edited 2019-07-23 04:03:46

My issue is that I am able to obtain FULL Internet speed - I have Fiber 100 mbps coming from my router through the first Powerline - out the other powerline to my computer at the front end of my home.  BUT, when I do file transfer (move / copy)  I only get 1/2 of the speed.  I have looked at many things on my network card Advanced settings - played with QOS on the computer - tried different computers on the front end.  It is not a speed problem per se caused by the wiring, if there were my internet speed would not be full speed (bits are bits    BUT packets are not just packets).  Is there a BETTER QOS setting on the Powerline than "Internet" that works for file transfers - it is not Video / Gaming / Voice exactly - so what shoud I choose?

I have TL-PA9020P KIT - making 2 Powerline AV 2000 adapters and TL-PA8010 KIT - making 2 Powerline AV 1200 adapters.  I have turned off all power management features.  I have swapped the differnet nodes to the various locations makeing the 2000 the one on the Router and on the front room computer and put the my 1200 in place of those.  I have multiple computers so no matter what to configuration i always have all four plugged in.  The AV2 2000 have a V3 firmware version (the very latest) and the AV2 1200 have a V2 firmware vresion (the very latest).  I am usng CAT 6 network cables so it is not older Cat 5e (not that it should matter) so I am Gigabit solid.

I have plugged the devices (Security Camera System / Laptop (with external drive) / Internet Router / Powerline device) using the NIC ports on the Routher.  I then introduced a Gigabit hub connecting all devices to that to rule out any possibility that the Router was doing QOS.  In all cases Internet is full speed.  In all cases file transfer speed is half speed.

Options
Re:Re:TL-PA9020P Slow Performance
2019-07-31 21:03:41

@beshelman 

The AV1200 adapters will automatically reduce the maximum transfer rates to 1200Mbps.  This is because transfer rates are reduced to the lowest speed adapter in the network. That along with the reduction caused by interference, congestion and breaker hops i can see how the transfer rates have been reduced.  You can plug electical devices into surge protectors this will reduce the noise and interference on the line.  If you can move the adapter closer that will also help.  

Options
Re:Re:Re:TL-PA9020P Slow Performance
2019-08-01 04:48:57

Carl - Thanks for your reply!!!

Here is a diagram of the devices in play.  I have taken into consideration the distance and I understand the other electrical items such as fans / appliances / lights can have on the signal because of the "noise" they can make.  My main issue is that "Internet" can travel at 130 mbps BUT on the same powerline route "file transfer" computer to computer is about half of the internet speed.  I have plugged the TL-PA9020P - AV 2000 devices in on the same circuit and the TPLink PLC utility shows 1400 mbps possible.  In my standard configuration the rate between the devices is around 320 mbps.  Taking into consideration noise and overhead I am good with my throughput if it is at the rate of 130 mbps I am getting on the internet traffic.  But, why is the file transfer traffic basically 1/2 of the internet rate?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:TL-PA9020P Slow Performance
2019-08-03 01:58:32 - last edited 2019-08-03 03:42:34

I set up IIS FTP on PC1 and mapped in the folder with the files I am moving.  PC2 is able to copy the files at 100 mbps +.  So since FTP is usually an Internet protocol I now assume the QoS of the powerline moves the bits faster .  Unfortunately with FTP it is a copy so I still have to delete the files from PC1 as an extra step.  There should be an option for regular network activity like computer to computer transfers in the QoS options!!!!!  

Options
2019-12-21 08:32:13

@chongmagic 

I have same problem no answers from TP Link team to my post.

Internet throughput is limited to 130mbps. In all various settings.

Appears to be a device limitation. Shame I did not read your post before purchase! A total waste of money.

Faith in TP Link rock bottom now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5339

Replies: 8