M9 -- is there a forum? ipv6/Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-09 02:58:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I can't find any references to the new M9 system on this forum. Is there somewhere else I can look? I have a few issues:

1. I can't get IPv6 to work
2. I connected the second M9 to ethernet, but I don't know how to confirm if ethernet backhaul is working. I think it is at least somewhat functional, because the 2nd one had a hard time finding the network until I connected it, but I still don't know if it is working.

Re: IPv6 -- I turned it on, set it to stateless (I have Comcast), rebooted the routers, rebooted the modem (which is a Netgear model) and still nothing ...
Options
7 Reply
Re:M9 -- is there a forum? ipv6/Ethernet backhaul
2018-09-09 20:42:59
Same question here, it's not that new, right?
Options
2018-09-09 21:02:48
Same here, would be nice to have a separate M9 board.
Options
2018-09-11 14:01:24
Dear User,

There will be a new forum soon.
1. check ipv6
1). connect your PC to your modem and doing a ipv6 web test, see if your PC worked that worked.
2). PC-- lan-- main deco m9 and do a ipv6 web test, then satellite unit/ wireless, we can check which part did work.
3). which Netgear model

2, here is the Q&A for wire backhaul https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1794.html

Please keep us posted

Thanks
TP-Link

smgord wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I can't find any references to the new M9 system on this forum. Is there somewhere else I can look? I have a few issues:

1. I can't get IPv6 to work
2. I connected the second M9 to ethernet, but I don't know how to confirm if ethernet backhaul is working. I think it is at least somewhat functional, because the 2nd one had a hard time finding the network until I connected it, but I still don't know if it is working.

Re: IPv6 -- I turned it on, set it to stateless (I have Comcast), rebooted the routers, rebooted the modem (which is a Netgear model) and still nothing ...
Options
IPv6
2018-09-12 09:45:05
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did as follows:

1. turned off wi-fi and connected laptop directly to modem. IPv6 worked, per the "test your IPv6" website and the network control panel
2. turned off wi-fi and connected laptop to main Deco m9 via ethernet in the LAN port. IPv6 did NOT work, per the web site and the network control panel. The problem unfortunately seems to be with the Deco

The Netgear Modem is the CM500.

I would love to figure out how to resolve this, as I think this is a necessary feature for the router.

US team wrote

Dear User,

There will be a new forum soon.
1. check ipv6
1). connect your PC to your modem and doing a ipv6 web test, see if your PC worked that worked.
2). PC-- lan-- main deco m9 and do a ipv6 web test, then satellite unit/ wireless, we can check which part did work.
3). which Netgear model

2, here is the Q&A for wire backhaul https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1794.html

Please keep us posted

Thanks
TP-Link
Options
Re:IPv6
2018-11-05 12:06:19

Thanks

\xF0\x9F\x8C\x8E
Options
2018-11-19 23:27:45
1. Please try Bridge mode 2. its auto turn on when you using the ethernet port as backhaul
The TP-Link USA QA and Support Team
Options
2020-05-24 18:09:46
Fout850@gmail.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2046

Replies: 7

Related Articles