How to restrict access for streaming devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-13 00:18:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the Archer C9 v5. I want to restrict access on my streaming devices (Roku, XBoxes, etc) during the night, but I've tried using the parental controls and it doesn't work. I've read numerous threads about setting up the parental control, but they all mention PC's, tablets, laptops, phones, etc. None mention streaming devices or gaming systems. I was hoping this router would be able to do that like my old D-Link router which could block by MAC address. Very disappointed in this router that the manufacturer makes it so difficult to block anything. Thinking of returning it and going with a different brand.
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to restrict access for streaming devices
2018-09-16 06:02:16
I have a C8 and think the C9 will have the same options.

Set up a Guest network with a different SSID. Put the streaming devices on it. The guest network has time controls.

My C8 allows the setting of MAC addresses that are allowed (under Security / Local Management). Setting all the MAC address up is a pain, but is a more secure way of doing it.

Hope this helps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 1