TP-LINK support is probably the worse Ive ever had to deal with

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-20 06:14:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys. This is a single example of what you might experience if you ever need help with TP-LINK products. Believe me I gave them way more than a chance to help me before now.

I bought the M5 Deco 3 pack from store in LA in Jan. Everything worked fine until sometime last month. I noticed one of my units was powered off. While troubleshooting I swapped 2 of the power units. Simply unplugged the power adapter from one of the working ones to use for my main one which was the one that was down. I put the other one at the farthest side away and surprisingly it worked. Well a few weeks ago the one at the farther side of the house powered down. And the adapter is the issue. It doesn't work on any of my M5s. Simple enough right? Call TP-link and go thru support. Well I called and followed their directions and I had to register my product and it took a few days to get the right serial number (they want the one from the box not from any of the 3 units). Well even after getting that squared away I still cant get passed them saying to wait for the other department that handles replacements. Their web pages they point you to have no directions of what to do or which options to click. So you get on the phone with them and get into 30 min calls at a time only to not get anywhere. Its been 3 weeks since I first reported this issue. Its been since last Thursday that I put in the final request to "send me a part" and still havent gotten anywhere. No replies to my request. The call yesterday was 30 minutes only to be told to wait for an email. And so I am down to 2 out of 3 units and a part of my house that has low coverage.
I work in IT. I also work for a company that has a customer service department for handling issues. This company TP-LINK is a joke. I have gotten nowhere.

All I need is a power adapter for one of my units. Im sure somebody might suggest to use something temporary such as a USB - USB-C and a standard ipad charger etc. None of those have the proper power ratings to run the M5 units. You would think that their warranty covers issues like this. So far I have not received any support.

This is just my example.

Before you read that first paragraph and get lost in what I am saying. I simply had an issue with one of the power adapters and while swapping some around (all the TP-Link ones) I got the one to work again on with a different unit. Then later that same one died again for good this time.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK support is probably the worse Ive ever had to deal with
2018-11-15 01:44:57

DonfromLA wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys. This is a single example of what you might experience if you ever need help with TP-LINK products. Believe me I gave them way more than a chance to help me before now.

I bought the M5 Deco 3 pack from store in LA in Jan. Everything worked fine until sometime last month. I noticed one of my units was powered off. While troubleshooting I swapped 2 of the power units. Simply unplugged the power adapter from one of the working ones to use for my main one which was the one that was down. I put the other one at the farthest side away and surprisingly it worked. Well a few weeks ago the one at the farther side of the house powered down. And the adapter is the issue. It doesn't work on any of my M5s. Simple enough right? Call TP-link and go thru support. Well I called and followed their directions and I had to register my product and it took a few days to get the right serial number (they want the one from the box not from any of the 3 units). Well even after getting that squared away I still cant get passed them saying to wait for the other department that handles replacements. Their web pages they point you to have no directions of what to do or which options to click. So you get on the phone with them and get into 30 min calls at a time only to not get anywhere. Its been 3 weeks since I first reported this issue. Its been since last Thursday that I put in the final request to "send me a part" and still havent gotten anywhere. No replies to my request. The call yesterday was 30 minutes only to be told to wait for an email. And so I am down to 2 out of 3 units and a part of my house that has low coverage.
I work in IT. I also work for a company that has a customer service department for handling issues. This company TP-LINK is a joke. I have gotten nowhere.

All I need is a power adapter for one of my units. Im sure somebody might suggest to use something temporary such as a USB - USB-C and a standard ipad charger etc. None of those have the proper power ratings to run the M5 units. You would think that their warranty covers issues like this. So far I have not received any support.

This is just my example.

Before you read that first paragraph and get lost in what I am saying. I simply had an issue with one of the power adapters and while swapping some around (all the TP-Link ones) I got the one to work again on with a different unit. Then later that same one died again for good this time.

Typically in needing a part, you would go to our warranty site, create an account, register the device, then request a replacement part. These two FAQs show what to do:

Step 1. How to create a TP-Link account and register a new product using the TP-Link Warranty Portal

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1632.html

Step 2. How to request a replacement part on the TP-Link Warranty Portal

https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1636.html

With respect to the serial number, all three are the same, the only difference is the letter A, B, C.  You would replace that with X to reference all of them and the right one to register.

If you still have not heard anything, I would initiate a chat or send a email with your contact info to our support to have them look to see if there are any records of part requests. 

Options