Smart plug timer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart plug timer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart plug timer
Smart plug timer
2018-09-26 21:29:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I talked about this a while back but haven't heard anything since. I would like to see the timer option be permanent.

I have a hot water circulator plugged into kasa smart plug, it is named "hot water" so saying "Alexa, hot water on/off" does its job well enough, unless you forget to say "Alexa, hot water off" and sometimes it doesn't even recognize the command.... Anyway, I have the schedule set up to automatically "turn off" every few hours to make sure the pump doesn't run hours on end if somebody forgets to say the magic words... And the circulator pump really needs to be on only 2-3 minutes at a time. .. Last month the pump ran 170 hours according to the app.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart plug timer
2018-10-01 02:04:12
It is a great product!!!!!!!
Options
Re:Smart plug timer
2018-12-25 16:59:37

I have the solution for this, as  I just recently installed a how water circulator.  I created a routine in Alexa to turn on the HS-110 Energy and then wait five minutes and then turn it off.  I can say Alexa Hot Water to do this.  I took it a step further by getting the new smart buttons for Alexa, they cost about $14 for a two pack.  They are batter powered buttons that look sort of like the Staples red buttons.  You program them to link to and echo or dot.  In the Alexa app you can use them as a trigger to run a routine.  So now when I want to take a shower I just push the button that sits on the counter while I get ready for my shower.

Options