C5400 - Errors transferring files to connected USB drives

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-04 09:29:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since the beginning, I have had two usb drives plugged into the ports of my C5400. Suddenly a couple months ago, I started having periodic issues where I would get transfer errors when trying to copy files from my PC to the drives. Then the past couple weeks, the errors are almost constant. Generally the error is just "Network Error". But then when I try to delete the partial file I get another error saying something that the file is locked or shared by another task. The error is on both drives, and I get it from both computers (one ethernet, one wifi). So I am pretty sure the issue is with the router.

Yesterday I thought maybe my plex server causing the issues, but I completely unplugged it, and still get the transfer issues. I also tried disabling the Trend Micro protection within the router. Was there recent firmware update that could have impacted this? Not sure what else I can try in terms of troubleshooting. I also have two NAS devices plugged in via ethernet to the router, and I can xfer files to them just fine. It is just the drives on the USB ports.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 0