Archer c3150 v2 firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c3150 v2 firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c3150 v2 firmware
Archer c3150 v2 firmware
2018-10-06 04:45:30
Model : Hardware Version : Firmware Version : ISP : I just picked one of these up used, for a good price. I went to the download center to see what the latest firmware was an I see it is from December 25 2017. How can it be that no firmware has been released to address Krack? Is there any beta firmware. This is kind of shocking considering it isn’t an old legacy model.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c3150 v2 firmware
2018-10-07 20:20:08
Wow not even any views other than those from me.
Options
2018-10-07 20:46:04
Welcome to TPWorld Joe,

The reason you haven't had any replies is that anyone who could offer you a useful one has left the building in disgust for all the same reasons you mention above, now I must really show you how it is,

Extracts from Trust pilot,

TPL - 1* ratings mainly

Netgear - 1* ratings mainly

Asus 1* ratings mainly

See the pattern emerging?

The only comfort I can offer is that both Asus & Netgear are constantly in the router news for either non working machines or leaky ones that require plugging up almost monthly, I don't think any of the others like Dlink, Buffalo, Cisco or Linksys are any better either, so far the TPL ones to avoid are the 3 VPNfilter affected ones (yours isn't one btw) and an extender that appears to have the same encrption keys in all of them plus a low rent bottom of the pile cheap unit that they have issued a fix for,

To sum it up it looks like the profit margin in anything less than $600 isn't enough to warrant proper support in routerworld, it's what happens when you choose to move your production to countries that you can exploit cheap labor from, anyone high up in the US including Mr Trump uses a Blackberry, not an Apple or any particular Droid but a Blackberry Droid, gotta be a reason for it although BB's are still manufactured anywhere other than Canada or the US and by a maker whose HW isn't reknown for being far from the bottom shelf, I guess it's the final OS tinkering that discerns how good they are security wise,

Anyway, hope you now understand that there is no real solution or choice at this time and until someone takes the lead in designing and making routers in a non Asian country that is being squeezed by it's own customer at high level we shouldn't expect them to give 2 plucks about things should we,

All I can offer you right now is to read up on how best to configure the router for as good a security that can be achieved without new FW, a good place to start is Google and type in Router Security, this will take you to a site that has all the tricks and tips to avoid the obvious leak points that many ppl leave wide open simply because they aren't techaware, and why should they be, oh and while you are doing so, have a read up on what to turn off in Windows also if you use Windows, in standard form fresh install mode Win 10 is as good as having an every angle camera system and recording system bolted to your nuts, that's if you value the last 2% of privacy the human race has left that is, hth.
Options
2018-10-08 00:15:45
Thank you. I wasn’t aware this model is not affected.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 967

Replies: 3

Related Articles