IP Network Address Changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-08 01:07:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Last night I there was a notice of a firmware upgrade on my Deco M5's V1.3 so I applied it. Now today, I find that after the update all the Deco network addresses have been changed from 192.168.0.0/24 to 172.16.0.0/24. What gives? This broke my VMware host, my Windows 2016 Server VM, my HP printer that all have static addresses on the previous network address. I realize that this is fairly easily fixed, but what about customers that don't have the technical ability to recognize the problem. Bad move TPLink, Bad move.
Options
1 Reply
Re:IP Network Address Changed
2018-11-14 20:47:04

BBND wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Last night I there was a notice of a firmware upgrade on my Deco M5's V1.3 so I applied it. Now today, I find that after the update all the Deco network addresses have been changed from 192.168.0.0/24 to 172.16.0.0/24. What gives? This broke my VMware host, my Windows 2016 Server VM, my HP printer that all have static addresses on the previous network address. I realize that this is fairly easily fixed, but what about customers that don't have the technical ability to recognize the problem. Bad move TPLink, Bad move.

What happens is when the Deco does not see a IP address on the WAN port, in response it changes the IP scheme on the LAN port in a effort to find a internet connection.

Options