Deco M5 seems to be ignoring 40 MHz Coexistence rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-09 05:56:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I setup my 3 pack Deco M5 mesh unit a couple days ago and I noticed inconsistent speeds. I ran a WiFi channel analyzer to see what the Deco was doing. The radios on 2.4 GHz are transmitting on channel 4 at 40 MHz. This is a huge problem because I'm surrounded by many WiFi signals all on 20 MHz channels. Staying on 40 MHz channels causes a lot of interference for me and my neighbors who happen to be in range of my device.

Is this by design? I would really like to be able to control what channel the radios use.

Thanks,

Whit
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 seems to be ignoring 40 MHz Coexistence rules
2018-11-14 20:41:48

wrtyler wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I setup my 3 pack Deco M5 mesh unit a couple days ago and I noticed inconsistent speeds. I ran a WiFi channel analyzer to see what the Deco was doing. The radios on 2.4 GHz are transmitting on channel 4 at 40 MHz. This is a huge problem because I'm surrounded by many WiFi signals all on 20 MHz channels. Staying on 40 MHz channels causes a lot of interference for me and my neighbors who happen to be in range of my device.

Is this by design? I would really like to be able to control what channel the radios use.

Thanks,

Whit

With the Deco units you are not able to modify certain features of the device. It would be useful to have the ability to modify channels/width, but unfortunately we do not have that available.

Options
2019-08-17 05:11:39 - last edited 2019-08-17 06:49:06

Can we get an ETA on a FW that will finally allow us to choose wifi channel + width?

This has been requested numerous times and should be available to us as an advanced option!

Options
2019-09-28 05:38:25
It would be much appreciated if someone from tplink would respond to this huge issue?
Options
2021-07-23 18:59:07 - last edited 2021-07-23 19:35:42

Why deco not use 20 mhz 2.4 GHz band in busy environment (many wifi router with 20 mhz band). That's should be setup automatic by deco unit or by app if optimize network.Thank you

Options