Add M5's or a pair of M9's?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-18 05:10:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased and installed a pair of Deco M9 Plus routers today. They were trivial to install and I'm getting really good throughput in much of my home..... much better than my old ASUS router. However, I have a pretty large house and the basement rooms have very weak coverage. Thus, I'm planning to add another Deco or two. My question is: WHAT WOULD I LOSE BY ADDING M5's TO MY CURRENT M9's. Input would really be appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Add M5's or a pair of M9's?
2018-11-14 20:35:08

Pete.M wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased and installed a pair of Deco M9 Plus routers today. They were trivial to install and I'm getting really good throughput in much of my home..... much better than my old ASUS router. However, I have a pretty large house and the basement rooms have very weak coverage. Thus, I'm planning to add another Deco or two. My question is: WHAT WOULD I LOSE BY ADDING M5's TO MY CURRENT M9's. Input would really be appreciated!

I would go with the M9's for the simple fact that you get a dedicated 5Ghz backhaul over WiFi which helps in performance. You can still go with the M5, but with the better range and WiFi backhaul of the M9 it seems to be a better choice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 1