NEW Archer a7 (AC1750) won't put out subscribed download speeds.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-19 12:03:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, This is my first post and I'm sorry if the format isn't correct.

I have an Archer A7 dual band router I just got off of amazon. It is on The latest 1.0.4 v5 firmware confirmed by TP-Link tech support.

Set up was swiftly amazing. wifi speeds are close to what I pay for at about 300/Mbps down and 20/Mbps up.
I'm not really worried about WiFi. My main concern is Ethernet.

I have two devices mainly connected to ethernet and only one of them is 100% on all of the time, that being my Xbox One X,
the other is my windows 10 laptop, that supports ethernet.
now when doing a speed test on both laptop and xbox (not at the same time)
They both get between 100-120/Mbps.. HARDWIRED. which is horrible considering that I am paying for 400/Mbps
I've tried nearly every configuration in the router, down to the router being factory reset and running it fresh again.

My modem is an Arris TM1602 provided by Spectrum and is docsis 3.0
Keep in mind while directly connected to this modem I get about 500/Mbps DOWN and 500/Mbps UP somehow

I have a replacement router on the way and it will be here in a day, but I want to know if i am doing anything wrong?

[ISP]= Spectrum
Options
1 Reply
Re:NEW Archer a7 (AC1750) won't put out subscribed download speeds.
2019-01-14 01:30:57

Hi,

Model : Archer ar AC1750

Hardware Version : Archer A7 5.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.7 Build 20181210  rel.54182(553)

ISP : Spectrum

I have having same issue, But my speed gets even lower. When I initially hook the ethernet cable to router. I get about 460 down and 23uo average. I have a 400mb with spectrum. 

My wifi is also two to three time faster on router. 

I changed ports on router and every time I take the initial speed test it is 400+ down and 20+ up. Afert a couple minutes I do it again and it drops to 30+ down and 20+up. I have checked every seeting I could and can not find anythign that would effect this.

Any help on this issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 946

Replies: 1