C5400X and NAT Kind Information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-05 08:52:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I was wondering if there was any information regarding NAT and FULL CONE NAT support on the C5400X.
From my initial testing it seems to support Port Address Restricted Cone NAT.
I was hoping that there could maybe be any support or information regarding FULL CONE NAT. Reason for asking is that when having two game consoles or PCs or more, all playing the same game at the same time, it's possible to get OPEN NAT status for multi player online games like CoD games for all devices online at the same time, using FULL CONE NAT. However when using Port Address Restricted CONE NAT, only one game console or PC will have open NAT and the other will have Moderate NAT.

Just checking to see if TP-Link has any information regarding this. Yes I'm aware of some insecurities surrounding FULL CONE NAT. However there are other router Mfrs that give users the option of changing NAT kinds for user configurations and gaming needs.

Thank you for your time.
Archer C5400X
Options
1 Reply
Re:C5400X and NAT Kind Information
2018-11-13 21:47:44

The Archer C5400X does not support Full Clone NAT. It only supports Port-restricted NAT.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 1