Why don't I see my range extender's SSID in my available network list?

2018-11-07 21:21:37

You just finished setting up your new TP-Link Wi-Fi Range Extender, and you can’t see its SSID (Wi-Fi network name) among the available choices – what gives?

By default, our Wi-Fi Range Extenders will “clone” your primary router’s Wi-Fi network name once setup is completed. This allows for seamless unification of both the source, and extended network SSIDs. However, we understand that some customers prefer the ability to differentiate between the main and extended network names. For this reason, our extenders also offer the ability to customize their SSID(s).

To customize your Wi-Fi extender’s SSID, so it appears as a different selection within your network list, we recommend using either the web browser setup method, or the TP-Link Tether app (if applicable). These setup methods provide the option to customize the extender’s SSID, allowing you to designate a specific, separate name for the extender so you can tell which Wi-Fi signal you’re connecting to while roaming within your home.

For instructions on how to set up your TP-Link Wi-Fi Range Extender using the web browser or Tether app setup methods, please refer to its Quick Installation Guide. If you have any questions about your TP-Link Wi-Fi Extender, feel free to contact our Support Team anytime using one of the available options here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why don't I see my range extender's SSID in my available network list?
2018-12-14 09:25:12

Carl wrote

These setup methods provide the option to customize the extender’s SSID, allowing you to designate a specific, separate name for the extender so you can tell which Wi-Fi signal you’re connecting to while roaming within your home.

I  agree with you Carl.  It is a pain to choose which one between main router and the booster if they have same Wi-Fi name. 

I want to change from my main router to the booster when i go upstairs but iPhone always keeps the poor one singal from main router even i have full singal here from the booster

When i uses different Wi-Fi name, everything change, only need to go to settings and pick up my full signal from the booster

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8550

Replies: 1