best directional antenna for 200ft

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-23 14:45:52

I have purchased 2 CPE210 directional antennas to extend my wifi coverage to my shop which is 200 ft from my house. I haven't installed them yet and am not sure that I will need two of the. I am wondering if they are the best directional antennas for the job or should I return them and get another model. Any advice will be appreciated.

thanks,

hwms

Options
2 Reply
Re:best directional antenna for 200ft
2018-12-23 17:49:39

@hwms 

The CPE210 is desgined for line of sight communication at Distances greater than 1Km.  This may be overkill for you.  You may want to consider this:  EAP225-outdoor  Its is a Omi-dirrectional AP that is designed to work in a outdoor enivorment.  It is also capable of mesh so if one unit just doesn't reach the distance you need you can add an additional unit.  I believe 1 unit should be able to cover the  distance but depending on deployment you may need two.

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support

Options
2018-12-23 20:16:54

I really don't want an Omi-dirrectional antenna. The CPE210 may be overkill but it is directional I am pretty sure. On the other hand, I had rather not have other people mooching off my wifi. Looks like it will be trial and error. Thanks for the info.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 2