Allowing DMZ on PS4 only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-27 03:37:19 - last edited 2018-12-31 06:30:46

I just ordered a TP-Link CR500 (gateway) and was wondering if it's possible to allow only my PS4 on DMZ? If so, can anyone show how to do it? Currently I'm on a modem & router (DD-WRT) and I'm very familiar on how to set my PS4 on a static IP (192.168.1.111) and when I go to the DMZ section I just input the "111" ip address.

I have UPnP disabled and don't like to port-forward several ports for the Playstation Network and each game that I play so I just have the PS4 on DMZ and it works well.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Allowing DMZ on PS4 only?
2018-12-27 15:28:34

@SYN80 

Sure you just need to log into the router and click on Advanced - Nat Forwarding -DMZ and then set the IP of the PS4 and save.  Unfortunetly the Cable ISP do not allow us to do DHCP address reservation so it is highly recommended to set the PS4 to a static IP outside of the DHCP range but still in the same subnet.   They Also do not allow us to give customers the abilty to change the subnet mask so by default it is 255.255.255.0  You may need to reduce the DHCP range to allow a few IPs to be out side the range so you set a static.  This step is recomended because if your PS4 is using DHCP and its IP changes this will break the DMZ and you will need to reset it to the new IP.

Happy Gaming 

Carl | TP-Link Support

Options
Re:Re:Allowing DMZ on PS4 only?
2018-12-31 06:35:46
Thank you, worked like a charm. Just had to reboot the gateway since the PS4 was still showing it in NAT type 3. It's now reporting as NAT type 2.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4653

Replies: 2