Turned my smart plug on remotely, and now can't turn it off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-28 01:15:10

Was able to turn on my smart plug using the Kasa app, but was not able to turn it off.  I have two set up (different models) in one room.  I turned both on with no problem, but could only turn one off.  The other one showed that it was off, but the light was still on.  I tried a few times.  Now, it says "Remote Conrol Disabled".  How can I get this to work again so that I can turn the light off.  (Note:  I will not be able to do this "locally", since I am not at the house.)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Turned my smart plug on remotely, and now can't turn it off
2018-12-28 15:44:36

@SandyL18 

If the app is saying Remote Control disabled then is possible the plug lost its connection to the internet or something else caused it to disable this feature.  The only way to re-enable remote control is by being connected locally to the same network.  This is because if remote control is disabled you cannot communicate with the device remotely.  When you do have access to the home I'd recommend contacting support so they can help with any issues that may be going on.

Best Regards

Carl| | TP-Link Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 874

Replies: 1