Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection
2021-08-09 16:59:20

@Captaintc 

ACL stands for Access Control List.  They effectively control what gets to access your network and what does not. 

Options
2021-08-18 17:32:15

@Carl - not sure I'd call this step by step! I'm with the others. Any chance of you explaining what you actually mean here? I don't understand any of it. Thanks

Options
2021-08-18 22:38:26

@Jules123 

Are you referring to the steps in the Tether app?

Options
2021-09-04 16:51:57

@PleaseHelpMe yes i have the same problem. Its been one of the poorest ux experiences ive had for a long time

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

Options
2021-09-17 01:21:33

@ECT90 No not yet. I check MAC filtering and its off.  No ACL.  Still cant figure out why this happening. 

Options
2021-09-17 01:22:17

@LG-5150  Ok will give that a shot; thanks!

Options
2021-09-19 21:00:16

@PleaseHelpMe  They will give you the steps to ping common sites like Google, that's because they are configured into the device as default browsers. If you reset

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

it with a toothpick or something very small on the side there is a button that you can press that has the reset text labeled on top of it. Reset the extender and repeat the normal startup process. If this helped or you have any other questions, email me  at: jcarmichel445@gmail.com

Options
2021-09-26 11:40:44

@Carl cannot connect to my wifi network despite rebooting tp-link several times, and moving extender to within 1 metre of  Telstra smart modem and NBN bix

Options
2021-09-27 16:14:09

@Dally 

Hello Dally,  It might have to do with your network's environment.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with this ISP or its equipment.  I would recommend contacting your region's support.  For Australia that support email is:  support.au@tp-link.com

Options
2021-10-01 16:30:39

@Carl This was EXTREMELY helpful, thank you!  I have a NetGear Nighthawk wireless router and sure enough, I had Access Controls Enabled and they were blocking the extender.  Once I disabled the Access Controls, I had no issues.  I allowed the extender and was able to re-enable access controls once connected.

Options