Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
72 Reply
Re:Extender connected, but wifi says no internet connection
2020-05-12 10:38:31

ECT90 wrote

Were you able to get this solved?@PleaseHelpMe I have the same problem, chatted with the live agen and nothing was solved. 

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

@ECT90 

Nope.  I spent probably two hours (maybe more) on chat with an agent, wound up being told to update the firmware (even though I JUST bought this unit). I downloaded the update, but it was late so I went to bed. I have since tried to update it on my own, but could even a simple update be simple? NOPE. Follow the instructions, and just like everything else with TP Link, get an error message, no can do. I have yet to have a few more hours to put in to slog through more with an agent. The guy I had on chat told me they recommend a distance of 20-30feet from the router, when everything I have says that if all lights are full blue, you're fine. Moving it made NO difference. It doesn't work. Neither did any of the gazillion other things he had me do with it.

Options
2020-05-12 21:51:25

@ECT90 My extender started working today! Of course just as I got a chat going with TPLink support - I had unplugged it and plugged it in again three different times this morning, wondering if it would reboot or something. Nothing. All three blue lights would come on, it would show up in my list of connections, I would connect, and no service. I unplugged it again to make sure I had the version number correct for the chat, and when I plugged it back in again, it worked. 

When I told the chat guy, he said great but I wanted to know what had happened, and what if it stops working again. He said, "contact us again." I told him that this had taken hours out of my life and I didn't think this was good service - his response was "thanks, have a great day!"

So while I am happy to have the extender working again, I am NOT happy with TPLink. if this continues to malfunction, I will return it.

Options
2020-05-12 22:01:42

@LG-5150 

My point is interferance with other wireless harware usignt the same of close frq. may be the issue. Try unpluging other wireless devices worked for me. 

LG-5150 wrote

@PleaseHelpMe 

I had the same issue I just now figured my issue out. It turns out my wireless cameras were interfering. I shut them down and all my connectivity issues went away.

Specifically I was having the same "no Internet connection" when connecting Ring cameras. So the set up of the Ring camera was not possible. I un-plugged the wireless camera DVR and tried to connect. All of a sudden no Internet problems and for the first time the ring cameras connected. Plug back in the wireless camera DVR and all is working.

Hoipr this helps.

Options
2020-05-19 15:47:22

@GlobusDiablo - I have the same problem as @KNHNEK... and yes, the devices are connected to the extender, still it says no internet connection

GlobusDiablo wrote

@KNHNEK all blue lights suggests that your extender is working. Is your device connected to the extender?

Options
2020-05-25 01:51:55

@PleaseHelpMe 

I am using RE200. To be honest, as it is such a pain having the same symptom. 

What I found when connected to XXX_EXT, the DHCP assigns the default gateway as 192.168.1.254 which is the extender's IP address. It supposes to forward all the traffic to the main gateway at 192.168.1.1, but it doesn't. In the configuration page of RE200, it doesn't allow me to manually configure the DHCP and any routing neither. 

My interim solution is to manually set my IP Address to fix IP having the gateway 192.168.1.1. 

Not a good solution though, but somehow it is working.

Options
2020-05-25 02:07:52

Taking a look in the system log, I found many errors related to DHCP such as DHCP server stopped, DHCP detection failed. 

Obviously, I think the DHCP is faulty.

Options
2020-06-07 17:33:53

@Carl All that is too complicated for average person. If not any other way, I throw it out.

Options
2020-06-08 16:40:01

@LinkExtender 

The steps i posted are standard testing used to see if a product has connectivity.  What do you find difficult about it?

Options
2020-06-20 13:12:19

@kettywatson 

The link provided does not work. I am in India. 

The help line number given does not work. 

I have tried resetting by pressing the point under the extender using the pin used for mobiles. 

The model i TL-WA850RE. 

Item delivered today online from Amazon India. 

Options
2020-06-23 17:22:34

PleaseHelpMe wrote

I recently bought a TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Extender (RE305) for my home. I got it connected to the router and have all the blue lights across the top. However, on my phone I keep getting an alert on my wifi that there is no internet connection. I have no idea how to fix this, so if anyone could give me step-by-step instructions (because so much of this stuff I just don't understand), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!

@PleaseHelpMe 

Options