Smart plug mini unresponsive

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-14 03:12:14

We keep losing the connection to our two smart plug minis. Resetting the router works for a while then we lose plugs again. Any suggest

Options
10 Reply
Re:Smart plug mini unresponsive
2019-01-15 00:15:08

@Donna88 First thing to make sure is that the plugs are up to date as far as firmware. Open Kasa, then select the top left icon, then settings > firmware upgrade. Another thing is to check the signal strength, tap on the plugs name in the Device list, then tap the top right icon to go into device settings. Go all the way down and look at signal strength, if the number is higher then 70 dBm, move the plug closer to the router until that number is consistantly below.

One device dropping may happen, but for both, that may be due to the router. If the router manufacturer is not TP-Link contact them to see if there are any changes that can be done on the wireless settings as the signal may be dropping.

Options
2019-01-22 02:18:12
I have been having the same issue for about 2 months. They just stop working. Signal strength is 53-57 for each. they always used to work. they are all updated to latest firmware according to app. This must be an update issue. please resolve TP.
Options
Re:Re:Smart plug mini unresponsive
2019-01-22 18:00:44

@rplaughl 

Can you check and let us know what your router logs indicate when the smart plugs lose connection?  Also have you tried adjusting the wireless channel on your router?  As 2.4GHZ is very congested it is quite possible the channel you are using just became more congested and chaning the channel may fix the issue for you. 

Options
2019-02-07 17:55:57

I have the same problem with my mini plug. It was replace but the same problem. It keeps losing connection & it won't respond verbally. I go to my Alexa App & rediscover it, works for a while & will disconnect again & the cycle continues.

Options
2019-02-21 20:56:03

I have been having the same issue for about 2 weeks now and it's driving me crazy.  I have had my tplink mini's for over a year and everything has been working fine, then bammo they all become 'unreachable' at varying times.  All firmware is up-to-date. It's not the router because every other smart device is operating perfectly.  If I go to the wall and unplug the mini, then it will work until I turn it off, then the next day it is unreachable again.  I have 10 mini's so my home is totally disfunctional. Help!

Options
2020-09-29 17:42:26

@Tony I've done all those things and they still don't work. Really regretting buying these smart plugs.

Options
2020-09-29 17:43:38
Really inferior product. I regret my purchase.
Options
2020-09-29 18:13:58 - last edited 2020-09-29 18:14:52

And apparently all you guys do is one response (which doesn't work for anyone) then you disappear. Terrible customer service.

Options
2021-05-06 06:39:06

I have two smart plugs and both have decided to become "unresponsive". I had problem setting them up a year ago (I had to put them in one specific wall outlet) and finally got them working perfectly. Now neither one is working - Alexia says they are "unresponsive". Both at the same time? This is ridiculous!  I'll go with Amazon plugs the next time.

Options
2021-05-08 04:38:27

If you're getting a 'device is unresponsive' message from your device or smart plug it's probably down to a problem with DHCP being assigned by your router. Let me show you how to fix the problem in a few easy steps.
Remove a curse

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 9837

Replies: 10

Related Articles