Network problems with TL-WA5210GTL in client mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-16 07:00:34

I have a very simple setup. I have 6 ip cameras in my barn connected to one switch. The switch is connected via cable to a TL-WA5210GTL. The TL-WA5210GTL  is outside and about 50' from my house. It connects wirelessly in client mode to a Linksys router which is in my house. That all works great, I can see my cameras on my LAN. The linksys router is my gateway to my ISP.  My laptops in my home connect wirelessly to the Linksys, using DHCP. The TL-WA5210GTL  has a fixed IP.  The problem is this... if the TL-WA5210GTL is powered on my laptops cannot connect to the internet. If I turn the TL-WA5210GTL  off internet access is restored. I ran a tracert to Facebook.com from my laptop with the TL-WA5210GTL connected and disconnected and there is a drastic difference but I cannot see the laptops trying to actually connect to the IP address of the TL-WA5210GTL but somehow it is interfereing. DHCP is turined off on the TL-WA5210GTL, client mode is selected.

Any ideas or things I might try?  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network problems with TL-WA5210GTL in client mode
2019-01-16 18:24:09

@Jumpingthemoon I would recommend posting here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/1?page=1

That section deals with anything related to SMB Wi-Fi products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 797

Replies: 1