Archer C7 - No LAN when external ISP is not available. What is required to keep the Lan working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 - No LAN when external ISP is not available. What is required to keep the Lan working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-17 18:22:02

Please help, I do not know much about networking so please bear with me.

The network works flawlessly until I lose power and my ISP does not come back up.

Firmware Version:

3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n

Hardware Version:

Archer C7 v2 00000000

When we lose power my ISP is often out for days.  When we reboot all the devices on the network they do not talk to each other.  I cannot reach other devices on the network such as the printers.

I have a single Archer C7 (AC 1750) providing all network services.  All my devices connect to it wirelessly, except the printers and a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

My Primary DNS is 192.168.0.201 which is a Pi-Hole (https://pi-hole.net/) advertisement blocking server running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.  It blocks requests to black listed servers (112,493 IP adresses) and forwards all other requests to the Secondary DNS server.  The secondary DNS is 8.8.8.8 which is a Google Public DNS server.

I am using the AC 1750 as my DHCP server which is configured to 209.18.47.61 which is a Spectrum (Time Warner) DNS server.  It is configured to issue addresses from 192.168.0.161 to 192.168.0.199.  DHCP on the Raspberry is disabled.

My default gateway is 192.168.0.1 which is the Archer C7 (AC 1750).

My WAN default gateway is: 98.122.128.1 which is a Spectrum server.  I am not specifying a Primary DNS or Secondary DNS on the WAN setup page of the TP-Link.

Everything on my network is wireless 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz both in Mixed mode.

I don’t have a clue what to adjust so that the Lan is available during ISP outages.  It appears that the power outage is significant, perhaps the devices forget their IP addresses or those of devices around them?

Below are screen captures from the AC 1750.

Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.    THANKS!! Craig

Firmware Version:

3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n

Hardware Version:

Archer C7 v2 00000000

Thanks for your help!

End of Message - CraigM

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 - No LAN when external ISP is not available. What is required to keep the Lan working?
2019-01-17 21:07:59

@CraigMcC That seems very odd for your LAN devices to no longer talk if the WAN side goes down. Usually if you had devices that rely on a internet connection to be available would explain it, but for computers or printers should not apply.

If you were to disconnect your WAN port to simulate there is no internet are you able to replicate the issue?

The firmware on the router seems a bit dated. If you were to look at the bottom of your router, what is the country code next to the model number? For example (US), (CA), (EU).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1950

Replies: 1