two factor authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-18 19:35:15

When will two factor authentication be an option? a strong password is not an acceptable security protocol these days with the brute force tactics that seem to be used. Now you bring in cameras to your lineup and people privacy become an issue.  Your camera is cheaper then the nest, but the nest happen has two step authentication.

Options
8 Reply
Re:two factor authentication
2019-01-22 00:02:40

@210Captain Currently, there are not any plans to eventually have that feature. With security in mind, this would be a great feature to have. This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

Options
Re:Re:two factor authentication
2019-07-09 12:58:18

It is really disappointing. That deco app does not have 2 factor authentication. If someone can crack my account he or she can access all my IoT devices in my house.

I believe 2 factor authentication is "must be" option.

Options
2019-12-13 02:56:17

@Tony I know this is an old thread but wanted to also wanted to stress how important 2FA should be implemented or if it were possible 

Options
2020-04-23 15:39:26

@Tony 

To add to the feature request I would like to see 2fa through an authenticator app.  I have tonnes of tplink cloud devices and this should be a no brainer.

Options
2020-06-21 20:52:47
Seriously, 2020 and no 2fa? Time to return the equipments
Options
2020-11-02 15:22:08

I just received my Deco M9 Plus and following the instructions to download the application and create a TP Link account. To my shocking surprise you do not offer  Two-Factor Authentication on my account. The security of my account is as strong as the password I set, which nowadays is considered very very weak. I have so many devices and smart home IOT connected this this account. 2FA is industry standards nowadays. Is not optional anymore and I cannot believe my eyes I am reading the forum moderators in other posts that this is not a feature which you are considering. 2020 for god's sake!

Options
2021-02-04 02:00:13

@Tony 

Could we please get some news regarding this matter ?!

It is absolutely capital to have 2FA / MFA in 2021 ! 

I work in the industry and it's seriously simple to implement for any type of organization via emailTOTP or SMS for example.

Can you please get back to this forum with your developers considerations !?

Options
2021-08-10 08:30:23

@210Captain 

Please develop 2FA for Deco or TPlink account as soon as possible.

Thanks, Pal

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 3795

Replies: 8

Related Articles