Millivolt compatible wall switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-25 21:53:14

I purchased a HS200 wall switch & found out that it requires a neutral connection. I’m trying to replace my gas fireplace switch which is a millivolt 2 wire setup.

Is there a TP-LINK switch that will work with millivolt?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Millivolt compatible wall switch
2019-01-25 22:32:04

@Sandiawho Unfrotuantely, we do not have a smart device that would work with the low voltage.

Options
Re:Millivolt compatible wall switch
2020-09-29 03:36:41

@Sandiawho i was looking for the same thing.  I ended up buying the hs200, taking the back off to find that it is 2 separate boards a low voltage and a high voltage AC board.  I threw the high voltage board out, and just used the low voltage board that was connected to the face of the switch.  This has a 4 pin connector that has 5v power and 3.3v ttl control signal.  My fireplace used a 3 wire cable that was 3v ac.  So i added a 5v supply under my fireplace along with a relay.  Then rewired the fireplace control and switch to connect though the relay and to pass 5v to the switch box.  I added a fuse in line incase someone down the line replaces stuff and doesnt realize what i have done.

Ie original control went to the relay, 5v went to switch and to power relay (with fuse), ground went to switch and relay, then the 3.3v ttl control signal came back to the control line of the relay board.

Overall works well with a few extra parts from amazon and voiding the warranty.  Probably cheaper solutions out there, but keeps all the switches the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3915

Replies: 2