2 DECO M5 SYSTEMS WORKING TOGETHER. IS IT POSSIBLE?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-27 19:49:43

New to this group....

Can I get 2 sets of the Deco M5 and have them work together? Total of 6 units. I have the eero system now and I really don't want to spend another $500 when I can get 6 of this units for the price of one...

If it is possible to get 2 systems to work together, Can I hardwired all of the decos to a switch and back to my modem? Do they have to be daisy chain?  Whats the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:2 DECO M5 SYSTEMS WORKING TOGETHER. IS IT POSSIBLE?
2019-01-28 15:53:53

@OCA100 

Yes.  You can have upto 10 nodes in a Deco Mesh enviroment.  the Deco M5 and Deco M9 Plus have two methods of backhaul, which is how the units communicate with each other.  These methods are Wireless and Ethernet.  For Wireless the Deco M5 will use one of the bands 2.4 or 5GHz to communicate between units, much like a range extender does although much more effiecently.  The Deco M9 Plus does have a dedicated wireless 5GHz backhaul, giving it the faster wireless communication of the two products.  With the ethernet Backhaul the units can be plugged into an existing ethernet run through the house and communicate via a wired connection.  

For deployment with a switch.  use the following setup.  Modem > Deco >Swtich >  Remote Deco Units

One thing to note is that you can use both.  Some units can be wireless while others are ethernet, its not one or the other.  Also you can mix and match Decos, so if you have smart home products such as door sensors, locks, cameras etc.  adding a Deco M9 to your network will allow you to control these devices, provided they use a Zigbee antenna.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1675

Replies: 1