Votes

Status indicator light suggestion.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-04 22:12:02 - last edited 2019-05-08 23:41:22

I just installed a HS200 switch for a front porch light.

Hardware Version 2.0

Firmware 1.5.5

I noticed it has an indicator light on it for when the switch is in the off position.  Why doesn't it indicate that the switch is on?  I am using this switch for an outside porch light. Someone could use a switch for a basement light, garage/carport light, roof ice melt coil, and they need to know the switch is on. There are multiple instalation where the action of the switch might not be seen.  Having an indicator for both the on and off position would be nice. 

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Status indicator light suggestion.
2019-02-05 01:24:37 - last edited 2019-05-08 23:41:22

@Kasa_Soze 

Actually, that is by design.  The indicator light is designed for two puropses, 1. a night light and 2. a status indicator.  It only illuminates in the "off" postion.  So if there is no light then the switch would indicate On.  our smart plugs for example operate in the same pricipal.  A light on indicates the plug is on and while no light indicates its off.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.