My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-10 23:05:08

My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error". I then have to disable and then re-enable wifi on my phone for it to reconnect. It disconnects randomly - no rhyme or reason. Distance relative to an access point doesn't seem to matter. I called tech support and they couldn't give me an answer. They told me to call my phone provider. That is a terrible answer. I don't have this issue with any other wifi network. Any help would be apprectiated. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".
2019-02-11 20:45:23

@heams If other smart phones were getting the same error then that would likely point to the Deco. However, if your device is the only one that causes the issue, that is likely why you were told to contact the phone manufactuer as the issue you mentioned is mentioned by other people not using a Deco.

With respect to the Deco, you can do a complete factory default, but beyond that is likey an issue with the phone, could be possibly be from a recent update.

Options
Re:Re:My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".
2019-02-11 21:50:44

Tony, I appreciate your reply, however, since the new Deco network is the only one this phone has ever lost connection with, including the last one I had in the house, I can't believe it's a problem with the phone. That makes zero sense to me. The variable is the TP Link Deco network.

Options
Re:Re:Re:My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".
2019-02-13 00:22:01

@heams Here is what you can probably try from the router end. Change the wireless password for the Deco. Forget the Wi-Fi network on the problem device, and then reconnect back to it.

Options
Re:My phone keeps disconnecting from the network with a message "authentication error".
2020-04-02 08:58:15

@heams 

I have this same problem with all my devices. it either says wrong password or authentication problem. the thing is that it was happening with the included factor FIOS router. I actually bought my tp-link archer 7 because i thought it would fix this problem but it is not. It doesn't make sense to me that the ISP would be the cause of this based on my research though.

I do know that I am not getting an ipv6 lease from verizon but i don't think that matters. I disabled ipv6 on my router.

I don't understand what is causing this. The normal wired internet is working fine. But i cannot connect to any of my wireless bands using a password, or even a WPS push button or WPS pin technique. My phone also says Ip address unavailable on it.

I am really starting to lose it here as I am trying to work from home and set up our typical devices.

Options
2020-12-28 12:50:35

@heams  Hi!

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have recently purchased the deco M9 Plus system and I am experiencing exactly the same problem: several devices (mobile phones and tablets) are disconnecting from the Wi-Fi mesh randomly, being unable to reconnect due to an authentication error.

Obviously, the problem is due to the Deco Wi-Fi mesh, maybe the roaming system between the different nodes is failing, I don't know. I tried to disable the Fast Roaming or Beamforming options, but the problem keeps happening. I have the most recent updates also.

This problem is causing me serious headaches, and I do not know if it has a solution or, on the contrary, I should return the product in exchange for a refund, since the product is not currently satisfying me.

I hope you can help me because I had high hopes for this product from the TP-Link family.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-05-01 14:23:47

@heams This is probably an old thread but I had the same problem today, and resolved by disabling 5Ghz network, now my phone doesn't disconnect any more. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4240

Replies: 6