TL-WPA4530 Kit extender device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-11 22:56:13 - last edited 2019-02-12 03:38:46

Does anyone know what a Red LED on the AV500 extender means? I just installed the kit, the adapter is in my home, and the extender is in my work shop about 100 ft way. When I finalized installation I had a steady green powerline LED. After about 15 minutes or so, it turned red. I have a strong internet signal, speed it a little slower than I expected, but all in all, it appears to be working well. I would just like to know what the Red Powerline LED means.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4530 Kit extender device
2019-02-12 19:45:23

@gpzzdrm 

A red Homelink light indicates that the powerline adapter is in an area with a poor signal.  This could indicate issues in the powerline itself or to much interference between the two adapters. If its possible make sure large appliances are plugged into surge protectors.  Also make sure that adapter itself is not in a surge protector or a GFIC outlet as this can also cause flitered noise and reduce the product capablities.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 1