TP-Link AC1900 Extender knocks out wireless Uverse cable box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-27 15:56:12

I need some help with an issue with the TP-Link AC1900 extender i just got. Got it working and have a computer hooked up to it. But then starting to have network issues. My smart tv seemed to have issues with internet connectivity. Rebooted the modem and it was fine. But also I have a couple Uverse wireless cable boxes that now lost signal, must be some problem interfering with the new TP-Link AC1900 presence. I am guessing the TP-Link AC1900 configuration has some issues. I did notice at first a conflict with first setting it up, the IP and gateway coming across the TP-Link AC1900 from the uverse wf fi was wrong. I manually put in right one on machine and that worked. Also had to manually put in the DNS suffix. SO maybe the issue is the TP-Link AC1900 configuration with not carrying over correct IPs, gateway etc.?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1900 Extender knocks out wireless Uverse cable box
2019-02-27 17:24:50

@TeeJayee 

It depends on how the uverse satellite boxes communitcate with the main unit.  Likely they are using the same or similar protocols that a Range Extender uses so it could simply be signal interference.  One this you can try to do is configure the Range Extender with a unique SSID like if your home network SSID is "Home" name the SSID of the extender "Home-EXT".  This fixes a lot of interferences issue customers come across.  I would note though that doing this also means you would need to manually connect to the extender when you want to use it. The configuration of the Range Extender is pretty straight forward, either it extends the same SSID or uses its own, but there is only 1 way for it to be configured in Range Extender mode.  If it setup and work the configuration should be correct.  

If you have tried that and it did not work.  The next thing i would do is contact the manufacture of the boxes or Uverse and see if those devices have any compatiblity issues with a range extender.   

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1233

Replies: 1