Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-28 05:34:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

After updating to 1.2.5 today all hell broke loose on my network. All my Roku devices and smart TVs (Vizio) sat there unable to connect even after rebooting. Most of the family laptops can't find the printer anymore either.

I messed with the newly available settings and found turning off beam forming brought the Rokus and TVs back.

Why is this feature incompatible with so many devices?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming
2019-02-28 18:05:34

@CSEngineer What are the model of the Roku devices that you have?

Options
Re:Re:Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming
2019-03-01 15:45:52

Rokus Premiere, Express, and Stick. All current generation.

Symptoms they could not connect to the wifi and their UI slowed to an unusable crawl.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming
2019-03-04 02:31:32

This has become a nightmare. How do I revert back to 1.2.4? My Rokus keep losing connection even after turning off beam forming. I've had to reset one or more of the deco modules multiple times in the last 3 days.

Options
2019-03-04 21:23:23

I turned off Fast Roaming to get the roku and my smart tv to connect.  Left beam forming on.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming
2019-03-05 01:36:45

@CSEngineer You can use the utility linked here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/156171?page=1

You would follow the process indicated in the instructions of the download link, but download the latest firmware on our website and rename it to be the same as the firmware file in the utility, then swap them.

Options
Re:Re:Roku doesn't connect w/ beam forming
2019-03-06 15:33:53

snickers wrote

I turned off Fast Roaming to get the roku and my smart tv to connect.  Left beam forming on.

Fast roaming never caused a problem for my Roku, it did for my daughters' older tablet and phones so I disabled that long ago.

Options
2019-03-19 17:11:31

I do not see a setting for beam forming in the deco app. Where can I find this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4053

Replies: 7