Device drops connection when locked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-03 03:13:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20181106 Rel. 48798

Hello, I just got done setting up the 3-Pack Dual Band Mesh M5 System. I noticed on all mobile devices in the house (iPhones), when locked they get disconencted from the WiFi and when unlocked they reconnect in a few seconds. Is there anyway to be connected all the time without my device disconnecting while locked. I've never had this issue with my other TP-Link routers.  All iPhones are on the latest software. Any advice will help, thank you! :)

Current settings on Deco.

Main Network - 2.4GHz & 5GHz ON.

QoS - Standard

Antivirus - Disabled

Advanced Settings:

IPv4 - Dynamic IP

IPv6 - Disabled

VLAN - Disabled

Address Reservation - N/A

Port Fowarding - N/A

TP-Link DDNS - Disabled

Fast Roaming - Disabled

Operating Mode - Router

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device drops connection when locked
2019-03-04 21:32:32

@JustJoe2120 Given how the router would not prevent the wireles connection, there is probably another setting on the phones preventing the connection. It would be best to get in contact with the manufacturer to see if there is a setting to keep the iPhone joined to the Wi-Fi.

Options
Re:Device drops connection when locked
2020-09-04 18:44:18
While configuring TP LINK dual band routers, if smart connect is enabled with same WIFI name for both bandwidths then device tries to connect between the bandwidths and chooses suitable one when unlocked. Try configuring different WIFI name and passwords for available bandwidths and connect to any one. This should solve the disconnect issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1090

Replies: 2