Mix and match TPLink Powerline Adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-27 18:04:25

Generic question as I'm looking at a ~5-6 node powerline network, where I'd want some with a passthru outlet and some without passthru + might also get one with WiFi extender capability.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to buy different TPLink Powerline Adapters and have them work together effectively?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mix and match TPLink Powerline Adapters
2019-03-27 18:21:19

@mck125 

This FAQ will answer your question.  This is based on which model is your Base unit.  All other models can be added into the network upto the maximum nodes for the base unit.  Keep in mind the base unit does also count as 1 node. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Mix and match TPLink Powerline Adapters
2019-03-27 20:54:46

Thanks Carl, I'd seen that FAQ as relates to maximum number of nodes for each product, but it wasn't clear to me that the products in the different boxes are the best way to determine interoperability / compatibility.

Carl wrote

@mck125 

This FAQ will answer your question.  This is based on which model is your Base unit.  All other models can be added into the network upto the maximum nodes for the base unit.  Keep in mind the base unit does also count as 1 node. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Mix and match TPLink Powerline Adapters
2019-03-27 23:02:34

@mck125 

You can use products in different boxes just note that which ever ones used or lowest model used will have the restriction of the number of nodes you can have.

So you can have two TL-PA8010P KITs, and one TL-WPA7510 KIT. The TL-PA8010P KIT can go up to 24 nodes, but your max would be the 16 nodes because of the TL-WPA7510 KIT

It would be recommended to use a powerline adapter that has HomePlug AV2 or else you can only use outlets that are on the same circuit (limitation of HomePlug AV). HomePlug AV2 is able to traverse across different circuits on the main circuit panel so you can use a greater number of outlets.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6654

Replies: 3

Related Articles