New Deco M5 User - Thoughts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-28 14:41:46 - last edited 2019-03-28 20:02:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Just got the 3-pack yesterday.

Love the ease of configuration and feature rich pkg.

Here are my thoughts:

• I would love to see is the ability to clone profiles. It's kind of a hassle to do multiple profiles if you have a lot of URL rules. Recreating each one from scratch is kind of a pain. Cloning an existing one would solve this.
  • On the overview screen, I would like the ability to see which Deco AP a device is connected to, as well as the freq. being used (2.4 or 5GHz). That would help determine how well the band steering is working, troubleshoot issues, etc. The Eeros do this and it's a great, great feature seeing all your devices at a glance, with these info.
  • See how many devices are connected to each Deco. Seeing this at a glance would also be useful, instead of the "Deco is working well".
  • Only monthly reports? Why not hourly/daily/weekly or custom?
  • Give us a proper iPad version! Devs: it's 2019. You need to release a proper landscape iPad version! At this point, having a cheesy small portrait facing iPhone version for the iPad is unnaceptable. At least make it landscape for those with a keyboard that use the iPad in landscape mode...

I think that's it. Everthying else is beautifully done, but the tweaks above would make it a five-star app.

Cheers,

Sorcerer

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Deco M5 User - Thoughts
2019-03-28 19:58:14

@Sorcerer 

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. All are valid points, some customer have requested before such as the second and third point. We will be sure to forward your feature requests to our developers.

Options
Re:New Deco M5 User - Thoughts
2019-03-28 20:00:42

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Looking forward to seeing future version with some (or all) of these implemented.

Cheers,

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 967

Replies: 2

Related Articles