Upgraded router (Archer A9) and netflix will not work on my smart TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-03-30 03:26:08
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20181114 rel.62999(5553)

Hi There - I just set up a AC1900 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router Archer A9 (which for some reason isnt an option from the model list up there) and it is lovely - my phone, tablet, computer, google home devices are all working great.  However, netflix on my TCL smart TV won't work.  The TV itself is connected and other channels (such as amazon prime) work.  Netflix keeps giving me error codes tvq-st-103 and tvq-st-131, saying it can't connect to the network.  I can watch netflix on my other devices.  I've tried the obvious things like restarting the network by unplugging everything and then plugging back in one at a time, resetting the netflix login, returning the TV to factory settings...  It's gotta be something with the router but I can't figure out what.  Anyone here have any smart ideas?  

TIA 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Upgraded router (Archer A9) and netflix will not work on my smart TV
2019-04-01 22:26:06

@KBW 

You can try to factory default the router by holding the reset for 15 seconds. When the router is back up connect to the default Wi-Fi and test the connection. By default the router can not block specific traffic, but there might have been something adjusted which defaulting will clear out.

If the issue still happens it would be best to contact Netflix to see if there are any settings to adjust or to try since streaming services work with the router from other companies as other devices.

Options
Re:Upgraded router (Archer A9) and netflix will not work on my smart TV
2019-08-26 16:11:23

I have the same issue sad

the netflix work only when I connect the tv with other route no

Options
Re:Re:Upgraded router (Archer A9) and netflix will not work on my smart TV
2019-08-27 23:26:24

@Yousefmalj 

There could be regional differences affecting your connection.  We recommend creating a thread on our global community. community.tp-link.com/en.  This community, community.tp-link.com/us is only able to assist customers in the U.S.  While issues may seem to be the same issue and in somecases they are its always best to interact with the team best able to handle your particular concerns.

Options
netflix will not work on my smart TV
2020-09-20 03:11:24

@Carl I live in the us and I'm having trouble with Netflix. All my other streaming devices work but the smart tvs won't play Netflix

Options
netflix will not work on my smart TV
2020-09-21 19:15:20

@Als9609 

Because i am also a consumer i do get annoyed when companies say this but in this case the first thing to do is reach out to the manufacture of the TV and troubleshoot their device first.  This is because since its the only device having issues the troubleshooting would want to begin at the client and not the router.  If more devices were having the same issue then it would be one thing but with just one experiancing this issue that is where you would want to start.

Things that you should ask or tell them

Netflix is not streaming through the TV

If any other streaming services are working

Confrimation if the TV or the app is fully updated to the latest version

That no other device is having this concern

That your router is fully updated on the latest fimware. If it is not visit tp-link.com search for your model, click on support, click on firmware and download and install the latest version.

Let us know how it goes. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4228

Replies: 5