TPLink TL-SG105 Switch Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-02 14:34:34 - last edited 2019-05-09 00:00:46
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,
I have multiple cat5E runs terminating into a patch panel. The panel is fed by a Linksys 16 port switch, which is fed by my Verizon router. In my basement, I have 1 ethernet wall jack. I recently added a 5 port gig switch TPLink TL-SG105 to feed my TV and audio receiver. When I connect it to the wall jack, no lights are on (Besides power), and my TV and receiver are not showing a connection. No data is being transferred, and I have no idea why. This is an unmanaged switch, and I thought it was a simple plug and play.

Can anyone assist?

PS - I am not a newtorking expert, and would need basic instructions.... Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLink TL-SG105 Switch Help
2019-04-02 20:15:21 - last edited 2019-05-09 00:00:46

@svengoli123 

There should be a light that turns on each port when you connect a Ethernet cable indicating the switch sees something was connected on that port. If you tried to connect various devices to the switch and still do not get any link lights there may be a issue with the switchs LAN ports. At that point it may be best to contact technical support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2440

Replies: 1