Xbox 360 slow over wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Xbox 360 slow over wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2019-05-30 03:08:09

@Carl 

So I put the Archer C9 in AP mode as you suggested but it didn't change the bandwidth to the Xbox. I even set up port forwarding for Xbox (for Live and the additional ports for Xbox One also) to rule out uPnP being the bottleneck - same results both times. No change in bandwidth to the Xbox or my HP laptop.

Thanks smiley

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2019-05-30 19:29:57

@desk_jedi 

Thank you for the update.  I will forward this over to our Testing Engineer to see if there is anything they see could be an underlaying cause of this issue.  As soon i hear back from them I will let you know. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless-Solution
2019-06-10 16:40:19 - last edited 2019-06-10 16:42:32

@Carl

So I received the Wireless N adapter and it increased the bandwidth somewhat but it's still pretty flaky. However, even with the new adapter hooked up and the the 360 directly connected to my CPE, I'm getting the same results. Every other device that connects through the Archer C9, whether over VPN, WiFi (either band) or wired, all out pace the 360 now. Looks like the wireless adapter in it is finally crapping out. Thanks for sticking it out. :) I'm calling this issue resolved.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2019-08-23 11:31:14 - last edited 2019-08-23 11:35:47

Noooo! Case is not closed. I have the exact same issue. My old free Netgear router that I have had forever connects my xbox at 10M download and my new Tp-Link AC4000 is about 8 up and 4 down. I have tried all the suggestions above and nothing fixes it. All I have to do is install my old free Netgear and is works perfect. So what is the deal with the AC4000 not working with Xbox? I want real answers. Dont tell me to reboot blah blah blah. I spent all day trying every solution ever posted anywhere and nothing works. Do I need to take this router back for a refund and get something else?

Side note. Even hard wiring the Xbox to the AC4000 still only results in about 7 Mb download speed. Tp-Link does not like Xbox.

Options
Re:Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2019-08-23 14:10:54

Update: Ignore everything i said. I finally direct connected my xbox straight to the cable modem and still only have 7 Meg download. You might wonder why it took me so long to do this. I guess just a coincedence that switching out my old router with this new one revealed my xbox having speed issues. Somewhere along the way my xbox took a dump and just plain old does not work right anymore. My AC4000 works fine with everything else in my house (that should have been a clue that it was working fine). ipads tick along at 30 Meg download on the 2.4 network. All our droid phones scream on the 5 G network.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2019-08-23 17:56:15

I'm wondering if Microsoft didn't include and EOL (end-of-life) update in the last update they made to the dashboard. My Xbox One we just got this week is connected to the same network band and moves right along as fast as it's onboard network shaping software will let it. :) Sorry to hear that I'm not the only one who experienced the problem I did with the 360 but I'm happy if it helped. :)

Options
Re:Xbox 360 slow over wireless
2020-06-26 18:22:17
I have an Archer AX3000 and have noticed the same issues you have. Yet with a much older Belkin 600N with a similar set up the Xbox 360 farthest from the router didn't exhibit these issues: slow download speeds, poor connection at 100% with wireless N on both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, intermittent Xbox Live connection loss. It's peculiar since it should provide coverage over a long range in a medium sized home, yet on older devices, the connection drops. My solution was to install an extender and use an Ethernet cable. I can play online just fine. I know it's counterproductive to use and extender or a powerline device if the main router is in the next room. I decided to keep the router because it can handle all my other devices just well. They're much newer than the Xbox 360. I don't have any other legacy devices to test, but I'm sure anything running on 802.11g would have issues as well.
Options
Related Articles