Router loses a few minutes each day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-11 02:23:47
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: C1200v3_us_ca-up-3.0.4 Build 20180122 rel.42880

i'm in the process of setting up a new router (C1200) on a spare computer which does not have internet access.

for the time being i've set up the time manually but each day when i go back into the router configuration i can see that the router has lost a few minutes compared to the PC clock.

eventually when i hook it up to my primary computer i'll change the setting to get the time automatically from the internet.

firmware is at the latest version.

but i'm curious about two things:

1. why is the router losing a few minutes each day?
  2. once i switch over to get the time from the internet what is the frequency that the router uses to keep the time correct (e.g. once a day, once a week, etc.)?

thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router loses a few minutes each day
2019-04-11 18:07:31 - last edited 2019-04-12 15:38:34

@gwa000 

To clarify, is the router connected to the internet or modem in both instances? Or is there nothing plugged into the WAN port of the router, and the computer is what is connnected to another network giving it internet access?

With respect to the second question, the router will sync the time every 30 seconds.

Options