HS210 install ok, but have to push app button twice to turn on or off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-12 01:36:55
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Installed just one side of a HS210 because the other switch is outside.  Both physical switches work fine.  They turn the lights on or off.  When using the app, I have to get the on/off button twice each time to turn the light on or off.  I wouldn't care that much except now scheduling won't work as it needs to run twice, but I'm using sunrise and sunset, so I can't program that.

Options
29 Reply
Re:HS210 install ok, but have to push app button twice to turn on or off
2019-04-12 14:48:42

@steinre1 

That is happening because of the outlet you installed the smart switch on. There is a live side and a load side, if the smart switch is on the load side then you have to press the function twice. Swapping location should resolve the issue you are having.

Options
Re:Re:HS210 install ok, but have to push app button twice to turn on or off
2019-04-12 18:59:22

Unfortunately, the other switch is located outside in the elements.  I don't have a way of installing either this or another hs210 out there.  Is there anything that can be done reconfiguring the one installed inside the house?

Options
2019-04-16 23:10:18

@steinre1 

I believe what some customers have done is to leave the non smart swtich in the on position, and only control it either manually by hitting the smart switch or through the app.

Options
Re:Re:HS210 install ok, but have to push app button twice to turn on or off
2019-04-17 01:08:52

Ok, I will try that and report back

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS210 install ok, but have to push app button twice to turn on or off
2019-04-23 00:23:37

Ok, unfortunately that does not fix the problem.  No matter what position the outside switch is in, I still have to hit the app button twice to turn off and then twice to turn on.  Anything else I can try before just disabling the outside switch and no longer operating in a 3 way mode?

Options
2019-04-25 00:08:21

@steinre1 

If swapping did not yield any result, then wiring may be mixed up. 

If you have not done so, remove the Smart Switch from the Kasa app then factory default it, and add it again to make sure the issue is not app related.

Options
2019-10-20 23:15:18

@Tony 

I have the same issue even after reinstalling app and factory reset. Switch from wall works fine but status does not update in the app and just like the previous user I have to press it twice order to turn it on or press it twice in order to turn off. 

The other switch is not in Wi-Fi range and would be difficult to change. Is there anything else that can be done?

Nadeem 

Options
2019-10-31 20:51:23

I have the same problem. I can turn on by pushing the app button once but have to push it twice to turn off. Remote app and schedule is the same issue. It will turn on the light but cannot turn it off. Any solutions.

Options
2019-11-18 23:05:02

@steinre1 I'm having the exact same issue also. Have two sets of lights, the one switch on the one set works fine but the other on the second set of lights work ok manually but with app have to push twice to turn off. Tried switch at other end and same thing... Can't figure out why one works fine and other doesn't, even tried replacing with another new switch and same thing. Hope someone has solution would love to be able to program them on a timer.

Options
2020-03-28 23:53:03

@mjb I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever resolve your problem?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 10013

Replies: 29