Feature Request: Control WiFi Security Type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 15:55:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

I would like to formally request that we be provided the option in the app to set the WiFi security as either WPA2 Only or WPA/WPA2 Mixed. WPA has known major security risks that are easily exploitable in the wild. And for the most part, a WiFi scan of my apartment complex shows that I'm the only AP in the vicinity that still allows for WPA encryption.

I know all of my devices are WPA2 capable, and I honestly don't want a device connecting to my secure network if it doesn't support WPA2. That's what an open guest network is for.

Can that be added to a list of "things to do"? I know even WPA3 has been shown to have flaws, but if I have a choice between WPA and WPA2, I'm going to back the latter.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Control WiFi Security Type
2019-04-18 17:35:01

@browri 

Thank you for the feature request.

I am not sure about placing it on a to do list, but any suggestions are sent directly to our engineers for consideration.

Thanks again, and should you have additional ideas that you think would make the Deco better, please let us know.

Options
Re:Feature Request: Control WiFi Security Type
2020-06-25 06:50:57

@Tony Are you guys really working on user request and major security risks which exist on your deco devices.

Post windows 10 May 2020 update windows constantly popping up messages like below and Microsoft recommending to change the Wifi security type of the device.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4501036/windows-10-wi-fi-network-not-secure

Are you guys gonna give the update for all deco devices to configure wifi security or make it default to the highest security level.

Or you guys are just taking the consumers are taken as granted and don't care at all as you already got the $ from us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 918

Replies: 2