Connecting a Network printer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-22 09:31:50
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi,

I'm using an RE450 to get wi-fi coverage in my (unattached) garage. It's been in use for 6 months or so and I've had no problems or issues with it.

I'd like to have a (wireless) printer in the garage so I dont have to make a trip back to the house every time I need to print something. So.........Is there a way to connect a wireless printer in the RE450 extended coverage area? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-04-22 17:35:22

@Wag 

You should be able to connect the Wireless printer to the wireless of the RE450 just like any client device, or you can connect via ethernet if applicable. 

Best Regards

Options
Re:Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-04-26 11:54:44

Hi Carl,

Yes, that's kinda what I was expecting to see when I tried to connect it. The printer (whicjh is a brand new canon) connects just fine thru the host computer & wi-fi in the house but I never was able to get the printer to appear in the  tp-link tether app client list. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-04-30 20:30:12

@Wag 

Is your Extender using the same SSID or a different SSID than your host router?  If it is the same the and the printer is accessible the likely cause is that its connected to the Host Router and not the RE so it would not show up in the device list in the tether app./

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-05-03 14:49:34

Carl,  I think you may have just put me on the right track. They quite possibly are sharing the same SSID.

I don't recall offhand and I'm not on location at this time but I will get a chance to check the setup on it sometime this weekend. 

Thank you so much!  I'll let you know what I find next week. 

Wag

Options
Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-05-19 21:15:26

Hi Carl....

Meant to post this days ago. Apologies....

However, I do have the network printer up and running thru the range extender now. I reset/re-installed the RE450 making sure to use a unique SSID as suggested. Between that and finding the printer setup area under the obscure "More Connections Settings" on my andriod device my printer was neatly installed. There is joy in mudville once again.

Thanks again for your help. It was on time and on target!

(btw - just wanted to mention that Ive been very impressed with the RE450 range extender. I have two in use in two seperate locations and they both have performed extremely well and are very reliable. Would recommend them anyone/everyone. Kudos!)

Wag  

Options
Re:Re:Connecting a Network printer?
2019-05-29 22:14:34

@wag

That's good to hear.  Glad its working for you now.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4054

Replies: 6

Related Articles