TP-Link OneMesh with Archer A7 WiFi routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-26 16:26:51
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two Archer A7 WiFI routers with the newest firmware on them. One is hooked up to my UVerse Gateway and functions as the router and the second is setup as an AP.

OneMesh is shown to be option on my router but when I click on OneMesh in the web interface, it does not see the second WiFi router / AP.

Are they supposed to be functioning in "OneMesh" enviroment or is that only available with range extenders?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link OneMesh with Archer A7 WiFi routers
2019-04-29 19:40:59

@Winmod94 

You are right about needing the RE300 range extender in order to set up the OneMesh network. Having a second router in AP mode is not supported. 

Options
Re:TP-Link OneMesh with Archer A7 WiFi routers
2019-10-14 13:58:06
Is this feature on the road map for the future? Currently I am looking to extend my wireless network through the use of WIRED extenders but yet achieve the automatic roaming of one mesh. And considering the price it would be much more advantageous to use the A7 as opposed to multiple extenders.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2183

Replies: 2

Related Articles