Archer C7 V2 - system log info that has never been there before. please help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-30 20:58:11 - last edited 2019-04-30 20:59:28
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114

Below is screen shot of a picture of a log file that keeps poping up that has never been there before? What is this refering to and why does it keep poping up? Is there an issue that i need to fix? Thanks.

File:
Untitled.pngDownload
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 - system log info that has never been there before. please help
2019-04-30 22:23:06

@JS8585 

Do you have the FTP server enabled on the router to share files for example a external USB drive connected?

That would be located after logging into the router in USB Settings > Folder Sharing

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 V2 - system log info that has never been there before. please help
2019-05-01 17:19:25

No i have never enabled a FTP server on this router. How do i disable this function? Because it seems like it is enabled and is a big security issue? Below is a screen shot of the firmware settings for USB settings/Folder saring. I dont see an option to disable it? Thanks

File:
Untitled1.pngDownload
Options
2019-05-01 19:42:50 - last edited 2019-05-01 20:07:47

@JS8585 

Aside from the FTP do you have a USB drive connected to the router?

The FTP service is disabled since the check boxes are not selected.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C7 V2 - system log info that has never been there before. please help
2019-05-01 20:18:20

No i do not or have not ever conected a usb drive to the router. It shows the check boxes are not selected / but the log shows that an FTP is enabled? That is a concern to me why is it enabling a FTP connection at all when the sevice is supposed to be disabled per the settings? That is my concern and question?

Options
2019-05-01 20:44:03

@JS8585 

That is not how the FTP service works. To address your concern no FTP is not enabled as your GUI shows. There is not a FTP connection or there would be logs referring to port 21. The initial questions were to gather information, not to make an assumption on what may be going on.

The log shows the parameters of the service which is not enabled.

Options
2019-05-02 04:07:49

Why all of a sudden is the log showing these parameters for the FTP when it has never shown them before since i have owned it for the past 3 years? Make no sence? I have been routinely checking the log every week since i had purchased?

Options
2019-05-07 16:23:10

@JS8585 

The explation for why you are seeing it is that the kernel of the router itself is generating the log. This log will show no matter if the USB device is connected or not to the router. This was verified with the R&D team to make sure there was no guessing as to why you are seeing that. I can't say why all of a sudden it popped up, but it was always there.

Options
2019-05-07 21:49:56 - last edited 2019-05-07 21:51:35

So your saying the log in my attached screen shot is normal??? Also since this has been popping up i have had my internet connection failing and the problem is the router! I have taken it out of the equation by connecting my PC to the modem witch is also a tp-link and have not had a problem with the reliability? Also i have tried reseting to factory defaults and reloading the latest firmware witch it had allready had.

File:
Untitled55.pngDownload
Options
2019-05-07 23:16:55

@JS8585 

If the whole reason to ask about the logs was related to your internet dropping out, it would be recommended to contact our techincal support then to see if the router is malfunctioned.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1032

Replies: 9

Related Articles