How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to create Multi-SSID
How to create Multi-SSID
2019-05-14 23:28:04 - last edited 2019-05-14 23:36:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

How to create one SSID network name for 2.4 GHz and another SSID network name for 5 GHz on Deco M9 Plus

Options
37 Reply
Re:How to create Multi-SSID
2019-05-15 18:42:49

@jbortters 

You will not be able to seperate the names as that is not how the Deco was designed. What will happen is as you are connected to the Deco, your speed requirements will determine which band the Deco places you on. 

You can potentially enable the guest network to have a seperate network name, but clients connected to the guest network will not be able to communcate with clients on the main network.

Options
Re:Re:How to create Multi-SSID
2019-05-22 01:05:58
Thanks
Options
2019-12-04 15:21:19 - last edited 2019-12-04 15:22:49

@Tony 

There should be option to create separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 bands, It doesn't make sense a media/streaming device to automatically connect to 2.4 only because it has little better signal. This will cause streaming isue specially for HD and 4K contents.

I just go M9 plus Deco, it's useless for me if I can't separate two bands. Please confirm when can we see this feature roll out?

Options
2020-02-01 13:34:35

Hi @Tony, this is very frustrating. I can't believe that Deco M9 Plus does not offer this configuration. This is a very basic feature. If I knew this before I would not have bought this product. When upgrading my WiFi router in the feature I will not consider any TPLink product. 

Options
2020-03-11 13:52:41 - last edited 2020-03-11 13:53:44

@Tony 

Still no feature update for this problem? just bought a deco x60 and want to use this feature as well!

Options
2020-08-06 18:10:22
I have just installed an S2 system. I also want the ability to name 2.4 and 5 separately and to connect to them specifically and dedicated. When adding a device, the network name shows up more than once on the list and there is no way to know what one is logging into. For now, I made the Guest 5 only and the main 2.4 only. That way, I can have non-mobile devices like my TV be 5 all the time.
Options
2020-08-30 16:17:31

@All

I am also shocked that Deco X60 SW is far behind the state-of-the-art feature level. Even my TP-Link AC1200 EAP225 can do so! This small AP has a far better UI via WEB-PORTAL and I even can add additional SSIDs like for my IOT!

WHY please is the high-end X60 not having these capabilities? I am more than disapointed!

Also: there is no hot-button for switching guest-WLAN on/off (neither in App nor in WebPortal) also no rest-api to integrate that function into my smart-home (even my AVM fritzbox can do!).

I am seriously hoping for a new level of firmware/App.

BR

Bernd

Options
2020-11-01 11:28:28
Hi Tony, any update on this? There were posts from tp that this feature will come in future releases... I kept the decos but I have issues benefiting from the speed of my internet connection on a 2.4ghz wifi! Like many others here I have a fee devices able only of 2.4 so I can’t deactivate this band! most my devices could do 5ghz but they can’t really profit from the speed as there is no possibility to connect to a 5ghz only band... We can only encourage tp to take us seriously and introduce this feature as it is a real pain for today’s homes. This is state of the art today and it would be much appreciated for a product that otherwise is quite good! Thanks! Silvio
Options
2020-11-06 04:24:46

@s1lv10 

Echoing the requests here. Please provide an update if this is even in the works. Trying to decide if I should return my X60.

Options
2020-11-17 21:41:41

I am one more echoing this. 

I have 3xM9 and 3xX60 and with such a big network it is exoectable that I would, at some point, require to seperate networks 

So either the ability to create multiple SSIDs (that connect to different VLANs / networks on the wired deco) or the ability to create multiple networks on the same set of Decos

Cmon... This is basic features that all your competitors do 

To be honest I have 2 options - either keep buying Decos or throw them in the bin and buy Ubiquiti mesh... They support all these features 

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 36168

Replies: 37