How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to create Multi-SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
Re:How to create Multi-SSID
2020-11-22 16:13:28

@Tony  echoing the request here. Using x60 and  I want to keep all my home devices only compatible with 2.4ghz with separate SSID and not to my gues network. This will also help to connect certain devices like ring door bell which doesn't allow you to have special character in your password and I do not want to compromise with my password not able to create separate network for 24ghz

Options
2020-12-12 20:40:19

Is this really not an option on these? I ordered them a couple days ago and they are en route to my house. If I can't separate 2.4 from 5, how am I supposed to install all of my wifi smart plugs, bulbs and switches that require 2.4? If this feature is coming, I'll keep them. If not, they are headed back.

Options
2020-12-31 02:46:04

@Tony Any word on this feature? This is a must have.

Options
2020-12-31 10:47:08

Dear all,

I decided to sell my 3 X60 on ebay.

What a great decision - I switched to Ubiquiti new WiFi6 light AP and got my controller installed on a Raspi. SUPER good performance and all modifications/configurations you can imagine! AND: I just need 2 AP iso 3 to cover MORE reach then I had befor with 3 X60!

Options
2021-01-05 18:36:06

@jbortters This causes serious issues with many devices including my HomePod Stereo Pair. Without seperate SSIDs there is no way to control which frequency they use and if one is on 2.4 GHZ and other on 5 GHz they do not play reliably.

Seriously, this should be an easy software update. If this is not addressed soon I'll be taking advantage of the Costco's return policy and switch to a different vendor's networking gear. 

Options
2021-01-06 17:01:03

@Supernitin I setup the guest network and disabled the 5ghz on that so it's 2.4ghz only. Then I connected my smart devices to that.

The main network has a different name and I left the 2.4 and 5ghz on for that to maximize the performance of the mesh for everything else. Hope this helps

Options
2021-02-27 19:04:05

Just set up my new Deco X60 and landed here searching for how to set up separate SSIDs for 2.4 vs. 5 GHz.

I'm very disappointed to find out that this feature is not available.  I've always liked having separate SSIDs for each band so I can force clients to use one or the other.

Otherwise it seems like a great product, but since I'm well within my return window I think I'm going to send them back and try something else.

Options
2021-04-17 14:42:41

I am also echoing this. Brought it yesterday and cannot connect up any 2.4 ghz only devices as deco switches. Useless system. 

Even when using guest with 2.4 only enabled the router still projects 5ghz to help improve speeds when switching. 

I will be sending mine back 

Options
2021-04-26 00:53:24

That this continues to be an issue is ridiculous. It's as though TP cannot imagine a scenario wherein an individual might want the expanded network access that is gained through the distributed access points of a multi-nodal system in an environment where, you know, for some reason devices are not constantly relocated. This is basic stuff that seems to have been sacrificed in the pursuit of ease-of-use - but what use is this stuff if it doesn't cover some basics? For instance, what if one wished to create a dedicated, hidden (i.e., not broadcast), 5gHz-only SSID for a home's televisions? When the only option is QoS prioritization there are, effectively, no options. Except returning the junk/ buying something else.

Options
2021-04-26 22:06:34

@jbortters it's really anoying that you cannot create two SSID on main network. Some devices like "Smart switches" based on ESP32 only work on 2,4 and if the SSID is the same for 2,4GH and 5Ghz, parining deviced is a big deal.

Options
Related Articles