Enable both VLAN 802.1Q Tagging and OpenVPN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-29 06:03:26
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

With the Archer C5400X router, I'm able to enable OpenVPN or IPTV VLAN 802.1Q tagging, but not both at the same time. I'd like to enable VLAN tagging for Google Fiber Internet support (GF uses Internet VLAN ID 2 for Internet traffic) while using the router's OpenVPN functionaity. As a workaround, I'm able to support the necessary VLAN tagging using a secondary managed network switch in addition to the C5400X router, but I'd prefer to ditch the switch and do everything with the C5400X router if possible.

With the OpenVPN option enabled and IPTV VLAN support disabled, the appropriate "tun0" interface entries are present in the router's System Routing Table. Once IPTV VLAN support is enabled in addition to OpenVPN support, the "tun0" interface entries disappear from the system routing table. Is this normal?

Is there a technical reason that prevents both OpenVPN and IPTV VLAN from functioning at the same time?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 841

Replies: 0

Related Articles