Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2020-01-04 22:47:23

@Tony @Praxis Did you manage to figure out?

I have the same problem. I don't see any options for IPTV to set the VLAN tagging.

Do I need to update the firmware?

Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 20150514 Rel.70681n

Hardware Version:ArcherC9 v1

Help!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2020-02-05 22:35:09

@Tony  @jinauto Still not resolved, had to switch to another router.  Hooked it back up to get the screenshot.  There's no IPTV option on the left hand side.  See attached @Tony 

File:
TPLink_Archer_C9_no_IPTV_or_VLAN_option.pngDownload
Options
Re:Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2020-02-05 22:35:42
@bradw2k I have seen these instructions in a few places but there literally is no IPTV or VLAN options on the left hand side under Network :(
Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2020-02-05 22:36:45

@Tony   Sorry, attached the photo better here. 

Options
Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2020-02-07 18:52:04

@Praxis 

Thank you for the screenshot, I am trying to see what I can find for your regarding the IPTV not being there.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C9 can't connect over PPPoE to Centurylink (Gigabit Fiber)
2021-03-10 22:06:09

@bradw2k 

Hello all,

I was also able to get my Archer AX21 connected to Centurylink Fiber. I tried using the steps above which almost worked, but internet ultimately wouldn't connect at the end. Found out through a call with Centurylink that I needed to update the domain of my PPP username to include '@qwest.net' instead of the original '@centurylink.net'. 

My successful setup process as follows:

1. Login to existing Centurylink router / modem through http://192.168.0.1/

2. Change domain of PPP username - navigate to 'Quick Setup' and change drop-down to '@qwest.net' and click 'Apply' (only change the drop-down, keep existing Centurylink generated username and password)

3. Shut down Centurylink router > connect ethernet cable to TP Link router and power on

4. Login to new TP Link GUI by navigating again to http://192.168.0.1/

5. Start quick setup - select PPPoE and enter the PPP details from Step 2 above > follow the prompts through setup process

6. After quick setup is complete, update advanced settings (as mentioned in this thread - I don't remember if I did this during quick setup or after it failed) - in the left side bar, select 'IPTV/VLAN' > check the box to enable 'IPTV/VLAN' > select 'Custom' in 'Mode' drop-down > input 'Internet VLAN ID: = 201', 'VoIP VLAN ID: 202', and 'IPTV VLAN ID: 203'

7. Enjoy your very fast internet using a router that you own and paid much less for

Have attached a screenshot of my 'Advanced Settings' page for reference from the TP Link GUI.

Doug

Options