AC5400, HomeCare and Privacy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-12 01:57:04

Hi,

I'm considering buying the AC5400. before buying it, I would like to know more about HomeCare provided by trend-micro.

in particular, I would like to know if any personal informations are being send to TP-Link or Trend-micro by HomeCare (like browsing history, browsing habits, email attachements, files, ...)?

Other Competitor, providing similar wireless router, are sending personal information to trend-micro , which I don't think is right or needed at all.

I don;t mind paying for the service, as long as I know my privacy is safe.

I will be very happy if TP-Link support, or anyone who is using a AC5400 with homecare, can tell me more about the privacy policies of the homeCare feature.

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:AC5400, HomeCare and Privacy
2019-06-12 21:47:49

Here is a link to our privacy policy:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/about-us/privacy/

Information that Trend-Micro receives is handled based on their privacy policy.

Information that is collected by us is secured.

Options
2019-06-12 21:57:40

Thanks Tony for your answer.

I undestnad the policy from TP-Link and the type of personnal data you are gathering.

However, I do not know anything about teh policy from Trend-micro/Homecare.

Those are only mention in TP-link privacy polocies as 'third parties service'.

am I correect to assume that HomeCare is a TPLink brand but considered as a third parties service?

When I will start using HomeCare, Will I need to accept another set of privacy policy/EULA specific to this service?

if so, do yuo have a description of those specifc policies?

Thanks!

Options
2019-06-13 21:41:32

HomeCare is a part of TP-Link, but the Trend Micro aspect of HomeCare is a part of it as far as the anti-virus, IPS, and quarentine service. Other aspects such as QoS or parental controls are different.

You are not met with a EULA, you start using the services like any of the other features typical in a router.

Options
2019-06-13 22:03:47

ok.

thanks!

Options
2019-12-13 01:49:06

@Tony Will you be as kind as to tell me how to uninstall this HomeCare service of yours?

i deleted all of my TP-LINK related files from my computer using the uninstaller but it seems that the HomeCare service is still functioning and i don't know how to uninstall it

Options
2019-12-13 19:20:29

@TEW32 

HomeCare is not ran on the computer end, only the router end. Log into the router and select the HomeCare menu, you can disable the features there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2096

Replies: 6