Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Usage by Device
2020-05-01 16:54:25

@Bobrovsky 

Just received the notice a reply here.... funny thing is ... two weeks ago I received a notice that one of the M9 Decos I had sent was not working. (Even though all worked fine when I sent them...hmmmmm....)  

So, they'll be coming back likely on Monday. Yippie!!! Lost $30 in the process of shipping it back and forth..... lesson learned.

It's funny, because these are good devices, they look good, they have quick speeds and are a good price point. Most of the software related to it is pretty good too; I just really wish I knew how much data I'm using in the home; or just turn on SOME type of interface on the web page that would allow this. This cannot be that difficult of a feature to add in to the application.

I may give these another shot when they come back really curious if one actually doesn't work..... or try the process of selling them all over. 

I'm taking we have yet to hear anything back from TP-Link on the status of the M5/M9 devices? Just "soon". I'm starting to think these may be abandoned; but I may be wrong they could still be allocating development time to them; but it's doubtful. 

Options
2020-05-01 17:57:14

@FixedCroissant 

Yeah well i think they will focus on the Deco X series and forget about the Ms for a while...

i am getting a new router soon and will switch the Deco to the AP mode, i like them, they fit well, cover my whole house, backyard and garage. It is unfortunate they cannot provide such a basic software feature.

Options
2020-05-03 12:18:32

Well well, just received my Decos back and sure enough one won't light up at all. Honestly, I think I'm done with these. While they have a two year warranty, it appears the process is a nightmare. Similar communication (or non communication we've seen on these forums about basic features or firmware updates) appears to be the norm with returns. Has anyone completed a RMA request? How was the process?

Two still work, but might not be worth the trouble to sell. Incredible that one of these would fail from purchase just in October. Ugh! Should've returned to Costco when I had the chance.

I'm chalking this up to learning what to avoid next time I go through with routers. Really enjoy the Google mesh, and my old NetGear AC router still works 5 years later.

Options
2020-06-28 16:55:52

@Tony You guys do some thing on this feature.

You are ruining this amazing product.

Options
2020-08-05 06:49:52
+1 for the data usage report for upload/download with drill down from month-week-day-time by hour. Would also like to an average Mbps
Options
2020-08-21 17:22:56

@bigyin Please have this feature

Options
2020-08-26 00:35:32

@bigyin I have requested this feature. Please followup with ticket  ID 520484

Options
2020-08-27 04:24:49

@bigyin Definitely need the bandwidth usage by ip address feature. I'm seriously considering returning the M9 that I just purchased because it doesn't have this feature!

Options
2020-09-25 23:03:33

@bigyin 

Please same problem. Xfinity is charging a lot of money and I need to know which device is abusing. When can we get this feature.

Options
2020-09-25 23:23:48

@bigyin Just followed up with TP link and seems like the request has been forwarded to their Senior engineers. They cannot provide a date when the feature will be available

Options
Related Articles