Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bandwidth Usage by Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Usage by Device
2020-09-29 00:37:31

@Tony

I purchased an M9 Plus 3-pack about 2 months ago to replace an aging LinkSys router and the results have been spectacular so far.  I do like a lot of the features of the app as well but the bandwidth usage in the monthly report should be a "must have" on the feature list.  The current monthly report is not very useful at all other than possibly the antivirus history pointer.

If at all possible please include this feature as soon as you can.

Thanks!!

Options
2020-11-17 17:00:46

Was just notified by my ISP that their upstream provider is now limiting all customers to 400 GB per month, and it's up to me to monitor our usage to make sure we don't go over. If/when we do, the service will be instantly cut and reset the following paycycle. I'm in a household of 5 and apparently my Deco M5 isn't capturing bandwidth usage? This won't end well for us, I'm sure.

Options
2020-11-25 13:27:30

@saran I chatted with tech support yesterday and they said that it was going to be coming out in an update very soon.

saran wrote

@bigyin Just followed up with TP link and seems like the request has been forwarded to their Senior engineers. They cannot provide a date when the feature will be available

Options
2020-11-25 16:07:46

@avallk They have been saying that to me since July. I'm fed up of these guys.

Options
2020-12-01 18:58:38

@life_like_weeds 

+1 just came across this thread. We need this feature ASAP, please! I am on the M9..

Options
2020-12-02 10:27:50

Yeah, I've had it about a week. There was ZERO bandwidth info from the monthly report, just a graph of how many devices were connected per day.

I was expecting much finer grained control and monitoring especially for this price.

SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RETURNING THIS.

Options
2020-12-02 15:18:56

+1 following, not sure how a feature like this cannot be implemented faster, i see several posts about this for the deco line in the past year, TP link?? Crickets?

Options
2020-12-03 14:11:42

@bigyin 

+1 need this solution added for x60

Currently using x60 as AP with existing ddwrt router and YAMON as a data monitor tool. Works well, but would rather an integrated solution.

Options
2020-12-28 20:49:29

@Tony 

Is there any update on getting usage reports? There are ISP data caps being implemented on millions of more customers in 2021. This is ESSENTIAL reporting.

Options
2020-12-31 04:14:55

Here we are at the end of 2020 with X series devices and this feature is still glaringly missing. 
The monthly report is still utterly useless and basic bandwidth management of viewing what is a data hog on the network is not possible. 
I'm ready to throw in the towel and get a different solution. 
TP Link, just build this feature already! Are you here? Are you listening? 

Options
Related Articles